These are the top and the most popular website on the world wide web.
1) Google.com Enables users to search the world’s information, including webpages, images, and videos. Offers unique features and search technology. Commonly referred to as Google Web Search or Google, is a web search engine owned by Google Inc. It is the most-used search engine on the World Wide Web, handling more than 3 billion searches each day. As of February 2015 it is the most used search engine in the US.
2) Facebook.com is a social utility that connects people, to keep up with friends, upload photos, share links, and videos. Any can create a user profile, add other users as “friends”, exchange messages, post status updates and photos, share videos, use various apps and receive notifications when others update their profiles. Facebook also has 1.4 billion active user every month.
4) Baidu.com The leading Chinese language search engine, provides “simple and reliable” search experience, strong in Chinese language and multi-media content including MP3 music and movies, the first to offer WAP and PDA-based mobile search in China.
5) Yahoo.com Yahoo! is the highest-read news and media website, with over 7 billion readers per month, being the fourth most visited website globally, as of June 2015. According to news sources, roughly 700 million people visit Yahoo websites every month. Yahoo itself claims it attracts “more than half a billion consumers every month in more than 30 languages.
6) Amazon.com often referred to as simply Amazon, is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the United States. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, later diversifying to sell DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys and jewelry. The company also produces consumer electronics—notably, Amazon Kindle e-book readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV and Fire Phone—and is the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS). Amazon also sells certain low-end products like USB cables under its in-house brand Amazon Basics. where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Site has numerous personalization features and services including one-click buying, extensive customer and editorial product reviews, gift registries, gift certificates, wish lists, restaurant and movie listings, travel, and photo processing.
7) Wikipedia.org is a free access, free-content Internet encyclopedia, supported and hosted by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Those who can access the site can edit most of its articles. Wikipedia is ranked among the ten most popular websites, and constitutes the Internet’s largest and most popular general reference work.
8) QQ.com China’s largest and most used Internet service portal owned by Tencent, Inc founded in November, 1998. Popularly known as QQ, is an instant messaging software service developed by Chinese company Tencent Holdings Limited. QQ also offers a variety of services, including online social games, music, shopping, micro blogging, movies, platform of games and group and voice chat. As of January 2015, there are 829 million active QQ accounts, with a peak of 176.4 million simultaneous online QQ users.
9) Twitter.com Social networking and micro blogging service utilising instant messaging, SMS or a web interface enable users to send and read short 140-character messages called “tweets”. Twitter is one of the ten most-visited websites and has been described as “the SMS of the Internet”.
10) Vk.com VK ( VKontakte) is the largest European online social networking service. It is based in St Petersburg. It is available in several languages, but is especially popular among Russian-speaking users. Like other social networks, VK allows users to message each other publicly or privately, to create groups, public pages and events, share and tag images, audio and video, and to play browser-based games. As of November 2014 VK had at least 280 million accounts. VK is ranked 10 (as of November 1, 2014)sites and is the second most visited website in Russia, after Yandex. According to eBiz MBA Rank, it is the 8th most popular social networking site in the world. VK had an average of 75 million daily users for December 2012.